Does your child like cream cheese? If so you can make wonderful sandwiches for school that will keep them going for hours with lots of energy. Cream cheese is the new peanut butter because almost every sandwich you can make with peanut butter can be made with cream cheese. Make sure to get the whipped type in order to make it easy to spread on bread.
Cream Cheese and Jelly
- Spread cream cheese on bread and top with a favorite jelly.
- Top with another piece of bread.
- Jellies that work well with this are apricot, strawberry, cherry, peach, and apple. Grape doesn’t work very well.
Cream Cheese and Raisin
- Sprinkle raisins over the top of cream cheese spread on bread and top with another slice of bread.
- You can also use dried cranberries or cherries.
Cream Cheese and Pineapple
- Take about 1 tablespoon or so of crushed pineapple and drain it on paper towels until just moist.
- Spread this over cream cheese on a piece of bread and top with another slice.
Cream Cheese and Carrot
- Shred carrot and layer over top of cream cheese on bread and cover with another slice of bread.
Cream Cheese and Olives
- Green olives go best on this sandwich.
- Just slice the olives and place over the cream cheese and cover with bread.
Peaches and Cream Cheese
- Use either fresh or canned peaches and slice them thin.
- If using fresh soak in a little lemon juice to prevent from turning brown.
- Place on paper towels to soak up as much liquid as possible and then place over cream cheese and top.
Cream Cheese and Chocolate Chip
- This tastes kind of like chocolate chip cheese cake.
- Just sprinkle mini chocolate chips over bread spread with cream cheese and top with another piece of bread.
Cream Cheese and Pickles
- This probably sounds a little goofy, but the sour and sweet comes together quite nicely. Some kids just love pickles and they will love this. You can use dill pickles but sweet pickles work a bit better.
- Slice pickles and place over cream cheese spread on bread and top with another slice.
Cream Cheese and Bacon
- Another weird sounding combination that somehow just works.
- Fry 2 slices of bacon and when cool crumble over the cream cheese on bread and top with another slice.
Just think of the surprise your child will have when they open their brown bag at lunch and find one of these sandwiches. It is advisable to try them at home first to see what they do really like.